Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET: Licensing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am currently in the Requirement Gathering phase of a project where it seems that 'Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET' would be rather useful.

I am not sure what the licensing issues are , i.e. if I want to use it in a production environment (both for Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET as well as SQL CE 3.5) .

Kindly let me know.

Regards

Chayan

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 11:01 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, April 4, 2007 5:56 AM

Answers

• the current release of Microsoft Synchrohization Services for Ado.net is free. but please remember is you use sql server as the backend server, you'll need have license for connecting to the SQL Server.

thanks

Yunwen

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:25 PM
  • SQL CE is a free software too and will be avaiable with Next release of Visual Studio and on Microsoft web site for downloading as well.

thanks

Yunwen

Saturday, April 14, 2007 3:44 PM

All replies

• the current release of Microsoft Synchrohization Services for Ado.net is free. but please remember is you use sql server as the backend server, you'll need have license for connecting to the SQL Server.

thanks

Yunwen

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:25 PM
  • Thanks Yunwen

I understand we would require  license to connect to the back end SQL Server, which is otherwise normal  for a application of this nature.

What about the SQL CE 3.5? Would we require a license for that? Please let me know.

Regards

Chayan

Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:15 AM
  • SQL CE is a free software too and will be avaiable with Next release of Visual Studio and on Microsoft web site for downloading as well.

thanks

Yunwen

Saturday, April 14, 2007 3:44 PM