confused and frustrated RRS feed

• Question

• I Bought my laptop from someone off of craigslist and now I am getting a pop up that says my windows 7 is not valied so now I am wanting to restore this laptop back to XP which is what is on the laptop as the origanial software to this pc and has the validation sticker on the bottom of my laptop can someone please help me with this issue as I have no money to buy expensive software.......
    Saturday, April 3, 2010 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hello fandmveith,

It's a good thing that your laptop still has the Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) for an edition of XP on the bottom, that means it is still licensed to run that edition of XP and will be Genuine when doing so.

Just contact the customer support or tech support 800 number for the laptop manufacturer, and ask if you can order "Recovery Discs,"  "Reinstallation Discs," or "Backup Discs."  Different manufacturers call them different things.  If available they are usually reasonably priced, around $15-25.

If they are not available from the manufacturer anymore, try www.restoredisks.com .

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Saturday, April 3, 2010 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hello fandmveith,

It's a good thing that your laptop still has the Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) for an edition of XP on the bottom, that means it is still licensed to run that edition of XP and will be Genuine when doing so.

Just contact the customer support or tech support 800 number for the laptop manufacturer, and ask if you can order "Recovery Discs,"  "Reinstallation Discs," or "Backup Discs."  Different manufacturers call them different things.  If available they are usually reasonably priced, around $15-25.

If they are not available from the manufacturer anymore, try www.restoredisks.com .

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Saturday, April 3, 2010 8:58 PM