none
Subsets of file pairs RRS feed

• Question

• I want to run several different sync sessions independently using different file pairs. Synctoy only allows me one list of pairs for Run ALL. I must check or uncheck those I do or do not want to run during the "run all" operation. I want to run the operation within a batch run.  This is time consuming.  Is there a way to set up subset file pairs and select which subset to run with the -R switch in the command line?  If not, how do I install another instence of SyncToy on another drive and run a different set of file pairs from it. Install does not give me the option as to where to install the program. It defaults to C: and says it is already there, do I want to repair it.  I am not a software guru so I need some help here.  Thanks.  Ron Heller

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:30 PM

Answers

• Hi, Ron

you can create a bat file like the following one, which will run pairs of test1 and testa.how to choose the subset depends on your bat file, but sync toy does not support the default select or unselect options for folders when we preview all or run all.

"C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.0\SyncToyCmd.exe" -R test1
    "C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.0\SyncToyCmd.exe" -R testa

And there only can be one instance of SyncToy concurrently.

Thanks,

Baoke

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 7:11 AM