Sharing a record in CRM shares related entity records RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to share a Contact with another user. In this scenario, I would expect that only the contact would be shared and not the related entities like Opportunity/Activity etc. But what I see is whenever I'm sharing a Contact with other user it does share all Opportunities/Activities associated with that Contact. Other user is able to see related entity records even if those recrds are not explicitly shared. Can somebody please provide any solution to control this? What I want is, when I share a Contact it should not share related Opportunities/Activities/any of the related entity records.

Thank you

Monday, July 5, 2010 3:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Sonuli,

You can control this behaviour by changing cascading option on relationship between Contact-Opportunity or Contact-Activity..

to change this go to Customization -> Open contact Entity -> go to 1: N Relationship

Open the Relevant relationship and Chnage Type of Behaviour to Configurable Cascading and then change Share Value to Cascade None

Save and Publish the changes and this should resolve this issue.

Hope this helps..

Monday, July 5, 2010 4:07 PM
    Answerer
  • Contact-Activity behaviour can't be change but you need to change Conatct -Email, Contact - fax , Contact - Phone call etc. relationship for the same...

Regarding your other qustions unfortunately existing records which are already owner changed you can not undo it in CRM.

Hope this helps

• Marked as answer by CRM Junky Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:44 PM
    Monday, July 5, 2010 9:03 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Sonuli,

You can control this behaviour by changing cascading option on relationship between Contact-Opportunity or Contact-Activity..

to change this go to Customization -> Open contact Entity -> go to 1: N Relationship

Open the Relevant relationship and Chnage Type of Behaviour to Configurable Cascading and then change Share Value to Cascade None

Save and Publish the changes and this should resolve this issue.

Hope this helps..

Monday, July 5, 2010 4:07 PM
    Answerer
  • Great. This works just fine. Only the problem I see is it doesn't apply the change to existing data. How do we handle it for existing records?

Moreover the relationship we have for Contact-Activity has Type of Behaviour set as "System". And my guess is we cannot change the relationships having Type of Behavious set as "System". But seems that should not be a problem as Share Value for this relationship is already set to "Cascade None".

Thanks for your help and looking forward your response on my question.

Monday, July 5, 2010 4:50 PM
  • Contact-Activity behaviour can't be change but you need to change Conatct -Email, Contact - fax , Contact - Phone call etc. relationship for the same...

Regarding your other qustions unfortunately existing records which are already owner changed you can not undo it in CRM.

Hope this helps

• Marked as answer by CRM Junky Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:44 PM
    Monday, July 5, 2010 9:03 PM
    Answerer
  • Mayank - Thanks for your help. It works perfectly fine.
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:44 PM
  • you are welcome :)
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:57 PM
    Answerer