none
Exam 70-450 Preparation Guides? RRS feed

• Question

• OK, it's June of 2010.  SQL Server 2008 R2 is gold.  I've passed MCTS Exam 70-432.  I'm ready to prepare for and take Exam 70-450.  There are no materials or courses available. 

Who's ready to join me in cobbling together our own study materials to prepare for this test?  Who has taken this test already and how did they prepare?  If the answer is to use the exam 70-433 & 70-434 materials... I don't buy it.  That will get us part of the way, but I need a comprehensive syllabus of what is covered on the test 70-450 to adequately prepare.

As I did to prepare for Exam 70-432, I'm going to start a study group on LinkedIn and schedule WebEx study sessions twice a week for three months and then take the test.  If you are interested in joining me, looked for my profile on LinkedIn.

Brandon_Forest@sbcglobal.net

Brandon Forest
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 5:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I passed the exam by researching each of the objectives listed here:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-450&locale=en-us#tab2

on Google and looking through SQL Server Books Online. I also read the Pocket Administrators Companion 2E cover to cover and working with an installation of the Developer edition. As far as I know, 70-450 only covers 2008 and does not cover 2008 R2.

Best of luck.

-- Mike Burr
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I passed the exam by researching each of the objectives listed here:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-450&locale=en-us#tab2

on Google and looking through SQL Server Books Online. I also read the Pocket Administrators Companion 2E cover to cover and working with an installation of the Developer edition. As far as I know, 70-450 only covers 2008 and does not cover 2008 R2.

Best of luck.

-- Mike Burr
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:27 PM
  • Did you pass? Just found your post as I start scouting out materials and making plan for passing Exam 70-450. 
    Friday, January 28, 2011 6:46 AM
  • Did you pass? Just found your post as I start scouting out materials and making plan for passing Exam 70-450. 

I had taken 70_450 exam on July 10. I could't able to pass the exam. Need to take the exam in second shot in short period. I have got some ideas on this. Still the exam covers only SQL 2008, 2008R2 has not covered.

Since there is no particular study material available online, its bit difficult to prepare for all the topic as per the syllabus. If any one gets best preparation material for 70-450, kindly share it, It would help many people.

Monday, June 13, 2011 3:36 AM