none
GetAndConfirm problem RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using a GetAndConfirmActivity but I can't get the confirm to accept corrections. The docs say -

For an example of dynamic correction, suppose that the semantic value obtained in the get phase is "red," which generates a confirmation prompt of "Did you say red?" A user response of "No, blue" causes a denial of the semantic value "red" and resets the semantic value to "blue."

I can get the "yes" to work as well as a simple "no". But if I try "no, blue" it doesn't work. It should accept teh "blue" and then try to confirm it.

Is there something I'm missing or is there a bug?

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 8:42 PM

Answers

• I got it working.

If you use the GetAndConfirm's default grammars for confirmation it works correctly (can't use the comma).

We had aded a yes/no for the confirmation accept and deny and that was what broke it up.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 5:08 PM

All replies

• Does the grammar for your options require a preamble?

Is the new option in the grammar?

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:16 PM
  • No there are no preambles.

I'm refering to Lab 4 in he Jump Start material that you can find on the GotSpeech.Net home page. This material came from MIcrosoft.

The documentation says for exercise 1 implies that you can say "no <phone number>"  then it will accept tthe phone number and reconfirm.

It uses the default yes/no to confirm and there is no preamble or postamble. The Help docs also imply this behavior.

Is something missing ?

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:38 PM
  • Hello Marshall,

I was able to successfully create a simple GetAndConfirm application with colors, i.e., "what color would you like?"  Without any additional grammars, I was able to successfully say "No red"

One thing I did notice however is that if I was using the debugger and typed in "No, red." (notice the punctuation) I got the indications you got. There can be no punctuation. Could that be the problem?

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:49 PM
  • No, that's how it's intended to work. I did a Speech Server blog post on doing this a while back - http://blogs.msdn.com/mssblog/archive/2006/09/18/761359.aspx.

Are you saying the utterances or typing them in the debugger?
    Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:47 PM
  •  

Only when I type them in the debugger. The utterances work fine, or if I type without any kind of punctuation it works fine. The only time it will not work is when I use punctuation in the debugger while typing in the response.

If I understand you correctly, that is how it was intended to work.  I was merely providing Marshall a possible reason why he was not getting his app to work properly.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:58 PM
  • I couldn't get it to work either way.

We set the main grammar then set the grammars for acept and deny. If you say "no" then it works fine. It just won't take the additional input.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:43 PM
  • I got it working.

If you use the GetAndConfirm's default grammars for confirmation it works correctly (can't use the comma).

We had aded a yes/no for the confirmation accept and deny and that was what broke it up.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 5:08 PM
  •  

Ah, then yeah, that's expected.

It recognized your grammar instead of the default one which would have allowed the specification of a new option after saying no.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:36 PM