none
Selected Forums (my forums) issue

Question

• Hi

I currently have 3 Forums selected as my "My Forums". I have been trying to remove one of them and replace with another. Maybe I am just plain stupid, but when I look at My Forums, then the list there is completely different from the main page list, and actually lists 4 forums although the main page shows 3 only.

When I mouse over the main page list (3 items), then one shows 'Remove' option (which would be expected), the other two show 'Add' option - this makes no sense to me as I want to remove one of those which offers the 'Add' option. When I use the 'close' cross at top right of a particular forum, it seems to work in that it disappears and the page reloads without the posts for that forum - *but* it doesn't 'stick' as when I reload, that forum appears again.

In other words, my wanted forums list is totally screwed up. Anyone got any ideas of what might be causing this?

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Friday, April 17, 2015 5:53 PM

Answers

• You can also browse My Forums, then click the forum to be removed, then hover over X in forum name, then Remove from my forums

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, May 18, 2015 1:56 AM

All replies

• trying to remove one of them and replace with another.

FWIW the way that I would do that is use the View All button, then hover over the checked item and then click on Remove from my forums.  Then hover over the other one and click on Add to my forums.  Apparently we don't even need to select the other one then to change the current view.  Who knew?   ; )

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 17, 2015 9:03 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for your reply, but I had already tried that along with all the other methods I could find.

As another example, I bowsed forums for this one, added it and all seemed well, but when I came back a while later it was gone from the list (also, 'My Forums Threads' view didn't show this forum either so no posts included)

Thanks anyway.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Friday, April 17, 2015 10:28 PM
  • You can also browse My Forums, then click the forum to be removed, then hover over X in forum name, then Remove from my forums

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, May 18, 2015 1:56 AM