CRM 2011: Opportunites RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question. When you are in an opportunity I associated the opportunity to the Potential Customer. I also see you can connect it to a contact and the field is parentcontactid. I tired to associate the opportunity with both Parent Customer and Parentcontactid. Why wouldn't this opportunity show up under Contact? I do see it under the Potential Customer though which was the account.

I am a little confused.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hello,

In MS CRM 2011, there is just Potential Customer field, so I am assuming Parentcontactid is a custom relationship, and while creating relationship you can set if you want to see left navigation or not, so it may be that while creating relationship "Do Not Display" option is selected. 

You can try to change it by opening relationship record, Select N:1 relationship under entity editor (Settings->Customizations->Customize the system->Components->Entities->Opportunity->N:1 Relationship) and search for relationship record where primary entity is contact (make sure to match field name with your field name which is parentcontactid) and try to change Display option. Save and publish your changes.

Hope it will help you.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Training|Our Blog | Follow US | Our Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 4:13 AM
  • In CRM 2011 the parentcontactid and parentaccountid fields aren't really used, as they're for internal purposes only. Unfortunately you cannot use these relationships in associated views under contact etc.

You would need to create a new Contact field for this purpose, and use the Potential Customer field for just the account. You can then change the contact form to use the new relationship instead of the default customer relationship.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 4:34 AM