Backup fails... RRS feed

• Question

• Since installing RC1 my Windows MCE box fails to backup despite multiple manual and automatic attempts.

It worked fine with beta and CTP releases.  Both of my Vista boxes backup without problem.  I have reinstalled

the connector software serveral times without benefit.  The Connector software says "The backup failed when your

computer restarted while the backup was running".  The client clearly did not restart during backup.

The backup log on the server says "error decrypting message (8009030f), breaking TLS session..."

The CAB number on the server: 351831861

The CAB number on the client:   351833230

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:17 PM

Answers

• Chris Gray on the Windows Home Server team has offered help.  Please read this post (link removed - mod) and send him an e-mail.
    Thursday, June 21, 2007 11:26 PM

All replies

• Chris Gray on the Windows Home Server team has offered help.  Please read this post (link removed - mod) and send him an e-mail.
    Thursday, June 21, 2007 11:26 PM
  • Thanks Joel,

I ran Chris' client connector utility and everything checked out perfect,

no errors at all.  I guess it's a mystery :-}.

Friday, June 22, 2007 10:56 PM
  • Joel, I cant get to the link in your post. It says the forum does not exist. I just started to have the problem on a single client and I would like to try this to see if it works for me. Can you give me any more Info?

Thanks

Rex Geissinger

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 3:29 PM
  • Rex, the underlying issue was, I believe, corrected (mostly) in the RTM software. The post to which Joel originally linked has since been deleted, and doesn't really have any specific troubleshooting steps. It was mostly a request for beta testers to contact a particular member of the WHS team to do some additional troubleshooting.

Your best bet is to wait until you can purchase the software, at this point.
    Tuesday, September 4, 2007 5:58 PM