Download WHS RRS feed

Answers

• Microsoft has removed the download from the official site.  It was stated in a couple of posts that the trial CDs would be available soon... maybe after the 1st of Oct when whs ships.  I've not been keeping up to date, so maybe someone will ping in with a firm date for the trial cds to ship. 

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:11 AM
  • No, there is no place where you can download WHS. Microsoft shut that capability off several weeks ago, and turned off the ability to get new product keys several days later. If you didn't download WHS RC1 when it was available, you'll have to wait until it's available in your area. At that point, you'll be able to buy a system builder package, or get an evaluation version (120 time limited) for the cost of media and shipping.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 2:49 PM
  • The 120 day evaluation will not be available for download. There is no word yet as to the release of the 120 day evaluation version.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:55 PM

All replies

• Microsoft has removed the download from the official site.  It was stated in a couple of posts that the trial CDs would be available soon... maybe after the 1st of Oct when whs ships.  I've not been keeping up to date, so maybe someone will ping in with a firm date for the trial cds to ship. 

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:11 AM
  • No, there is no place where you can download WHS. Microsoft shut that capability off several weeks ago, and turned off the ability to get new product keys several days later. If you didn't download WHS RC1 when it was available, you'll have to wait until it's available in your area. At that point, you'll be able to buy a system builder package, or get an evaluation version (120 time limited) for the cost of media and shipping.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 2:49 PM
  • Ken, I take it from your statement that the eval won't be available for download at all?  That's disappointing.  I haven't seen any information on eval availability.  Has MS actually posted details on the availability of the 120 day evaluation version?

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:49 PM
  • The 120 day evaluation will not be available for download. There is no word yet as to the release of the 120 day evaluation version.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:55 PM