Tanjay Call Log and Voice Mail list empty RRS feed

• Question

•  

Missed calls and new voice mails are shown in MOC but not on Tanjay phone with firmware 522.

Any hints?

Thanks,

Johann

Thursday, November 22, 2007 9:48 AM

Answers

• It is probably because the certificate needs to have autodiscover.<domain> in the SAN in addition to the FQDN.

best regards

Jens

Monday, December 3, 2007 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Johann,

Please check that your Exchange 2007 AutoDiscover service is working. Office Communicator Phone Edition uses Exchange 2007 Web Services to access missed calls and voice mails. You need to have a DNS A record for autodiscover.<SMTP domain> pointing to your Exchange 2007 AutoDiscover service. You also need to have a certificate on the AutoDiscover and Exchange 2007 Web Services trusted by Office Communicator Phone Edition.

best regards

Jens

Monday, November 26, 2007 8:42 AM
  • Hi Jens,

thanks for the hints. Are you in Germany (your name sounds German...). If yes: I am at Microsoft UC Conference in Munich until Wedneseday...

I have an autodiscover record in DNS. The certificate has SANs - 2 names total: netbios name of exchange server and fqdn of exchange server. Do I need more?

Regards,

Johann

Monday, November 26, 2007 5:27 PM
  • It is probably because the certificate needs to have autodiscover.<domain> in the SAN in addition to the FQDN.

best regards

Jens

Monday, December 3, 2007 9:34 AM
  • Thanks - I found that in the meantime. After creating and activating a new ceritificate with lots of SAN it works now :-)

I read somehwere that playback of voice mail should work without having to enter PIN - on my Tanjay I still have to enter PIN when I use the Play softkey.

Regards,

Johann

• Proposed as answer by Arkor Tuesday, January 13, 2009 9:11 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2007 9:39 AM
  • Good. Yes, play without PIN should work,if you are using Exchange 2007 UM SP1 and your number is related to a OCS integrated Um dial plan. Does it work from MOC without PIN?

best regards

Jens

Monday, December 3, 2007 10:35 AM
  • Phone number is 947, EUM address is 947;phone-context=sip.omgate.local, OCS Line URI = tel:493328444947

It calls my voicebox directly but still asks for PIN. Can't try it with MOC in this installation at the moment, will try it later.

Regards,

Johann

Monday, December 3, 2007 10:47 AM
  • For me it is not working, I have the same issues (empty Call-Log and voicemail on Tanjay phone).

I have the SSL certificate on the IIS server of Exchange configured for the following domains:

FQDN of exchange server
    autodiscover.smtpdomain

When I view the Certificate properties I see both names as Subject Alternative Name (SAN) as mentionned in this topic.

Am I missing something?  I created the SRV record for the autodiscovery service in DNS together with the CNAME record for autodiscover.smtpdomain.

The SSL certificate is created by the local CA on the domain controller.   Communicator Phone Edition logs on so it already trusts the CA or is not configured to check this? I didn't configure it yet but it just works...

Any ideas?
    Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:15 AM
  • Anyone have more info on this?

Thursday, December 20, 2007 6:24 PM
  •  

Dear All,

Open Exchange Management Console, on the top, Microsoft Exchange, on Finalize Deployment Tab, select follow Configure SSL for your client Access Server beneath Client Access Server, it works fine for me.

Essam

Sunday, April 13, 2008 5:52 AM
  • Hi Guys,

I am having a issue like this as well. I have a CNAME that points autodiscover.xx.com to where my real cert is at mail.xx.com. I can ping autodiscover fine but my tanjay still doesn't pick up any call info. Also when I go to the Voicemail area I get a error "Call unsucessful. The requested type of content is unsupported". Any ideas?

Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:30 PM
  •  

To resolve the error open Exchange Management Console, view the properties of your UM dial plan and change it from SIP Secure to "Secure".

This shouldn't affect MOC clients being able to get at VM.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 6:35 PM
  • I had the same problem with the Tanjay phones asking for the PIN when you hit the play voicemail softkey.  It looks like the reason this is happening is that I disabled phone locking on the server (since I was sick of having to unlock the phone every 10 minutes).  If you re-enable locking, then the user can call directly into voicemail without being prompted for a PIN. 
    • Proposed as answer by Chris Bardon Friday, January 9, 2009 1:26 PM
    Friday, January 9, 2009 1:26 PM