none
Missing Folders and Files after Reinstallation of WHS RRS feed

• Question

• My mobo died. It was Pentium 3 1ghz. I used a Dell RAID SATA 1.5 in JBOD to run 4 320 GB HD's.

I replaced with a ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe and AMD Athlon X2 5600. Installed the 4 HD's with no RAID or JBOD setup.

Installed WHS without any apparent glitches, all drives are recognized and all data backups for all my networked computers are listed. However when I open the backups none of my (default) user directories are present, I can see my wife's and son's but not mine. I'm pretty certain that there are other directories missing also.

I tried looking up recovery or reindexing in my WHS Unleashed Reference Book, but can't find anything about trying to recover a corrupted data base

The original installation was set up using the default backup parameters.

Is there some utility in WHS available that may help recover the missing files? Or is my problem stemming from going from RAID JBOD to a standard multiport SATA non-JBOD MOBO?

Any Information is appreciated.

Lew

Friday, March 11, 2011 3:45 PM

All replies

• Installed WHS without any apparent glitches, all drives are recognized and all data backups for all my networked computers are listed. However when I open the backups none of my (default) user directories are present, I can see my wife's and son's but not mine. I'm pretty certain that there are other directories missing also.

Have you added the same users back? If you browse to D:\shares\Users you can see the user shares that were there.

Saturday, March 12, 2011 11:16 PM
  • Why would the current users affect the directories of the backup?

I may have shortened my name on the new installation and then changed the signons on the client machines to match. Would the make it so that my user files on backup of the client machines unviewable?

I mean I've changed two of my machines out, one I changed the operating system and the other a mobo and operating system. So it things on the network don't stay exactly the same I can't access old files on client backups?

Lew

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:03 AM