Has my site been banned? Why? Or is this a glitch... RRS feed

• Question

•  

Ok, I may be freaking out here.  I am a giant newbie, so forgive me if I sound like an idiot.  My site is new, started in June.  I was indexed almost immediately, and even enjoyed top rankings for several of the keyword terms that I optimized for (higher rankings on MSN than Google).  Today, I just randomly checked to see where my site was for a new keyword term.  After more searching, I realized that my site is not indexed at all on MSN today.  My site is http://TravelSiteCritic.com.   If I enter "travelsitecritic" in the searchbox, NONE of my webpages come up in the search, only social networking sites,ect.  For the last few months, EVERY single one of my pages (ABOUT 20) were indexed on MSN (most not on first page for desired keywords, but still there at least).  

What has happened?!!!  I am so worried.  I don't think I am doing anything "black hat" or whatever you call it. So, does this just happen sometimes?!  Do you think it is temporary?  What I do now?

Please help, reassure, whatever. Thanks : )

-Pamela

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 4:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Checking today, your forum was the first link for the keyword phrase you used: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=TravelSiteCritic&src=IE-SearchBox

Moreover, using the 'site:' operator, I am showing we have somewhere around 580 pages indexed: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site%3ATravelSiteCritic.com&first=201&FORM=PERE8

Comparison:

You are ranked #4 on Google (185 pages indexed)

#1 on Yahoo (155 pages indexed)

Brett
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:13 PM
  • Thank you for your reply!  These were definately not on msn live search last night.  Apparently it was temporary.  Does that happen sometimes?

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:36 PM
  • Actually. I am still confused.  If I type in "travelsitecritic" why does it pull up my home page with the really old title that I used when I first started my site back in June.  This title was changed long ago, and showed up last week with the new title "Travel Site Critic".  It is as if the result reverted several months. 

Also search term:  "Travel Site Critic", which is also the title of my home page.  That would also pull up #1 in the search results last week for my home page, because I don't think anyone else calls their site this and it is my domain, so it only makes sense...  Now I can't find my home page in the results at all for that keyword phrase. 

Instead it pulls up my forum and an inner page on my site, along with random links and stuff.

I just added the "forum" to my site last week, did that completely change my rankings or something?  I do not want my forum to show up first and foremost.  It doesn't make sense to me that my homepage still doesn't show for Travel Site Critic search term..  Should I just wait this out a couple weeks and see if it gets indexed correctly with my new title again?

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:02 PM
  • I just ran the term again. Your home page shows up #1.  

Friday, October 3, 2008 4:42 PM
    1. Yes, my "FORUM" shows up #1 if I type in "Travel Site Critic", but my homepage is not on the first page at all (or even in the first 5 pages of results, and I don't think it is anywhere indexed under that term)
    2. My homepage shows up #1 if I type in "TravelSiteCritic", but it is a really old title and old description. Why is that? I apologize if I am annoying, but I really want to know why it is showing an old title and description, and what I can do to change that.  Or, do I just wait?

My new homepage title is "Travel Site Critic | Travel Site Reviews and Ratings".   However, it is showing my old homepage title as "Hotel Search Engines  | Super Cheap Flights".   I really don't want that title.  Just a couple weeks ago it showed my correct title as "Travel Site Critic", and then I added the second phrase to the title.......now it shows this really old title.  Does that make sense?

Thank you for taking the time to help.

Monday, October 6, 2008 3:50 PM