clipboard copy from annotation (note) changes last edited RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone explain to me why when I simply want to copy text from a annotation (note) attached to a say an incident (case) entity, why does it change the note modification date and the person who last edited it?

I open a case, look up some info in notes and want to copy it, so I select the text and use standard Ctrl+C (or right-click -> Copy) clipboard operation, but this immediately changes the note (date and person who last edited it).

Is this a bug? If not, how I can prevent this behavior and not change the permissions (since I have the System Administrator role assigned anyway).

Monday, June 16, 2014 8:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Markos,

I suggest to prevent this, right click on selected note and click Open and then once note record is open you can copy relevant text and it should not change time stamp.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

• Marked as answer by MarkosP Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:23 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 10:48 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Markos,

I suggest to prevent this, right click on selected note and click Open and then once note record is open you can copy relevant text and it should not change time stamp.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

• Marked as answer by MarkosP Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:23 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 10:48 AM
    Answerer
  • Since noone else replied, I'll mark Mayank's reply as an answer, although it's just a workaround.
    Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:23 PM