none
Forms on runtime will sometimes load as invisible with all components working RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on VB.Net with the Visual Studio 2015, and from sometime to now I've noticed this behavior, on calling the forms to show as a Modal, from time to time the window will appear invisible will consume resources and will work as if it's there, but invisible, also, the mouse won't change if it's hovering on a textbox or a link, is there a way to prevent/repair this?, I've been looking on all the net but It seems I'm not able to find a solution. Thanks for the help!

By the way, when calling the forms I use the routine of showDialog() (Also, I'm using the libraries of DevExpress 15.2)

WinForm.ShowDialog()

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suspect "WinForm" is located out of screen.
    If this is correct, you can write like this:
    WinForm.Location = New Point(100, 100)
    This will locate "WinForm" on left 100 and top 100, and I hope you will see "WinForm" on your monitor. 

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:45 PM
  • Hi MoisesLCerverus,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about the Windows Forms development. Since our forum is discuss the VS IDE, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?category=windowsforms to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 1:58 AM
  • Hi,

I suspect "WinForm" is located out of screen.
    If this is correct, you can write like this:
    WinForm.Location = New Point(100, 100)
    This will locate "WinForm" on left 100 and top 100, and I hope you will see "WinForm" on your monitor. 

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Thanks for answering, but, actually the Form is predetermined to load in the center of the screen, (I can't load Images as reference) but another thing I forgot to expose in my question is that I'm using XtratabbedMDIManager (also from DevExpress), this behavior happens in all the forms loaded as Modal (all of them with CenterScreen... maybe this is causing the problems), I will try your solution, and Again, Thank's for the help
    (I've tried it by now, the behavior keeps happening, every 3-40 times I open the form, this is loaded as invisible)

As a side note, I just realised it seems to be a bug of XtraForm or RibbonForm (both from DevExpress), in which at loading (I can't figure if fields or the form in itself) as Modal something fails and the form stays like that (minimize, maximize and close buttons included within the ribbon form won't function). I created a Form (VB, let's call VBForm), and added the functionality of my WinForm, in 150 cases the VBForm loaded without problems, in exchange in 150 cases WinForm wasn't visible 9 times

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 1:52 PM
  • Hi MoisesLcerverus,

According to your description, your issue is more related about DevExpress. It will be more appropriate to ask your question at DevExpress Support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 8, 2017 8:44 AM