Activation Issues with Microsoft HOme Premium on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I was given a new Sony laptop for Christmas.  My husband got it through Best Buy.  I have been using the Word program without registering since December but now  that I have used it 25 times I tried to register it with the number on the bottom of my computer and it always says "invalid key".  The tag says Windows 7 Home premium and then has the product key which I am definitely entering correctly!  I tried to do it on the phone but after being on there for someone I could hardly understand, I got cut off and then couldn't get back on
    • Moved by Darin Smith MS Monday, May 17, 2010 6:49 PM Word issue moved to the Office forum (From:Windows 7 Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows 7))
    Saturday, May 15, 2010 11:54 PM

Answers

• I was given a new Sony laptop for Christmas.  My husband got it through Best Buy.  I have been using the Word program without registering since December but now  that I have used it 25 times I tried to register it with the number on the bottom of my computer and it always says "invalid key".  The tag says Windows 7 Home premium and then has the product key which I am definitely entering correctly!  I tried to do it on the phone but after being on there for someone I could hardly understand, I got cut off and then couldn't get back on

The key is what is known as a COA key that is intended for windows if you should ever require it to activate windows on your computer. The key will not work with Office, the office that ships with many new computers is a trial version. Read your reciepts, if your computer was supposed to be shipped with a full version of office then check the packaging that came with your computer for a card that has a yellow sticker with a key for office. IF not you will need to purchase a copy of office to continue using it.
    Sunday, May 16, 2010 12:37 AM