maped drives showing as Full RRS feed

• Question

• Why in my windows vista machines do they show as RED BARS(Full) yet they are not. Is there a fix to this ?

Many Thanks Ian
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:11 PM

Answers

• This is a result of the correction of an issue with the November patch.
    Before that patch Vista did see only the available free space on drive D: on the server and rejected to write selected files, which have been larger than the free space.
    So the free space calculation has been corrected to include the complete storage pool, but the total used space in the storage pool seems to be set still in relation to the capacity of drive D: on the server.
    So from the Explorers view you have now stored more on the server than fits on that disk causing the red bar.
    It's a known and reported bug, but rather cosmetic for now.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by Ian Bennington Saturday, December 13, 2008 5:34 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ian Bennington Saturday, December 13, 2008 7:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ian Bennington Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:13 PM
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:38 PM
  • Ian Bennington said:

Just one quick question what happens when there server is full will my client pc's be able to see that or will i lose data ?

Thanks
    Ian

When your server is full, you won't be able to save any more data to it.  You will get a message saying "not enough room" or something similar.
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 7:47 PM

All replies

• This is a result of the correction of an issue with the November patch.
    Before that patch Vista did see only the available free space on drive D: on the server and rejected to write selected files, which have been larger than the free space.
    So the free space calculation has been corrected to include the complete storage pool, but the total used space in the storage pool seems to be set still in relation to the capacity of drive D: on the server.
    So from the Explorers view you have now stored more on the server than fits on that disk causing the red bar.
    It's a known and reported bug, but rather cosmetic for now.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by Ian Bennington Saturday, December 13, 2008 5:34 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ian Bennington Saturday, December 13, 2008 7:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ian Bennington Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:13 PM
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:38 PM
  • Ok Thanks at least im not doing something wrong..

Many Thanks

Ian (UK)
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 5:34 PM
  • Just one quick question what happens when there server is full will my client pc's be able to see that or will i lose data ?

Thanks
    Ian
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 7:20 PM
  • Ian Bennington said:

Just one quick question what happens when there server is full will my client pc's be able to see that or will i lose data ?

Thanks
    Ian

When your server is full, you won't be able to save any more data to it.  You will get a message saying "not enough room" or something similar.
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 7:47 PM
  • Ok thanks
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:13 PM