Best practices for implementing subgrids- newbie question RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to CRM, and am having difficulties implementing a subgrid onto an account form and getting it to display associated records. I am not a programmer.

I will not bore you with the methods that I have tried to so far; that could take a while. Suffice it to say, I am having no luck no matter my effort.  Here's a synopsis of what I'm trying to do:

i have created and imported two sets of records from my SQL database. One set was imported into the standard Accounts entity and the other was imported into a custom entity; let's just call this second Entity "Problems".

The relationship between Accounts to Problems is one-to-many. Each Account has a unique "problemID" and each related Problem has a "problemID" as well.

I need to be able to place a subgrid containing all related Problems onto the Accounts forms. I need to be able to see the imported problems as well as create new ones.

How would YOU handle this? Many thanks!

Monday, March 3, 2014 5:35 PM

All replies

• 1.setting->customization->customize the system

2.Select Entities->Account->forms

3.Select main(form type) form.

Way I

4. Select Navigation in ribbon(upper header).

5. Drag and drop your relationship from right side list to left side navigation panel

Way II

4. Select Body in ribbon(upper header)

5.Select Sub-Grid.

6.Select your entity in entity list .

Click Ok then Save then publish.

Refresh your browser(press F5).

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 4:25 AM