Can I move some of the images if they are stitched in the wrong place? RRS feed

• Question

• Just tried the programme. Wanted to make a spheric panorama of my room. I got a bit of the floor and the carpet in the roof. Is it possible to tell the program that this is the wrong place for the images? Apart from that it looks great.
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:28 AM

All replies

• You can try to use the structured panorama option, but therefore you have to take the photos in a specific order. It might still work though just set the "Feature match searching radius" to a very high value.
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:50 PM
  • I tried what you recommended, and it worked better but not 100%. Is there a way to manually move the individual photo, or section, that is not lining up correctly?

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:12 PM
  • Unfortunatley there is not an option for manual alignment...
    Might be a dumb question, but did you try to use "New Panorama" or only "New structured panorama" ?
    • Edited by rj_design Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:47 PM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:45 PM
  • I had a few panoramas that didn't stitch properly in ICE. Sometimes I had to just drop one column from left or right and it worked, other times I was able to stitch the same set of images in Photoshop photomerge and then export from there. No manual sorting of images in ICE, though,  which in the structured panorama view would be a great addition - make it like a slide table and let me drag and drop things around to get it where the images should be.

I had some panoramas with different frame count per column, but same total rotation, just different overlap due to handholding and not paying much attention. Those never stitched properly in ICE, but Photoshop was able to get those sorted.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:37 PM
  • I have had good success with this program. However, I too would like an option to move each image manually. This is the only "missing" feature on my wish list. In every case, I am to blame for the misalignment -- I moved the camera too far up or down or didn't allow enough overlap from one pic to the next. I've had mixed success with cropping "misbehaving" images on one side (top/bottom) and adding the same amount of blank canvas to the opposite side. I'm therefore manually aligning the images vertically, which helps the program figure out what to do.

Please add a semi-manual alignment option! Thanks for the great program...

Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:08 AM
  • You can save the stitch 'setup' by "save as" into a .spj file and then manually edit the location information with notepad/wordpad.  The information is stored in plain-text.  Upon reloading the .spj file into ICE the changes will be displayed.  

The coordinate system is confusing, but if you took your images in a pattern (for example a downward spiral) it's usually easy enough to guess at proper coordinates by looking at the images to either side.

I agree with others posted here that a less manual mouse based 'touch-up' system within ICE would be a worthwhile addition.

• Proposed as answer by Michaen Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:58 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:18 PM