Streaming query results like SSMS renders the data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

When I execute a long running query or SP, SSMS displays data to me even when query is running and it keeps on adding to the result windows in certain time interval. It works in sort of streaming.

I am not sure how it does that, is it something that I  would like to have in my application.. How would one achieve this.

Any pointers should help

- Girija

Please mark responses as answered if it helped you.. This helps others... - Girija Shankar Beuria

• Moved by Kristin Xie Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:10 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Girjia,

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.Based on your description, your case more related to SSMS, I am afraid this is out of topic here.

I will move your case to off-topic, if you have any C# code issues next time, please feel free to post in C# forum, thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Girija Beuria Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:24 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Girjia,

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.Based on your description, your case more related to SSMS, I am afraid this is out of topic here.

I will move your case to off-topic, if you have any C# code issues next time, please feel free to post in C# forum, thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Girija Beuria Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:24 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:07 AM
  • Thanks. I will post in correct forum then.

Please mark responses as answered if it helped you.. This helps others... - Girija Shankar Beuria

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:24 AM