none
Switching TFS source control types RRS feed

• Question

• We currently have TFS 2015 update 3 with 1 production collection and a Teat area Collection. There are 5 Projects under that production area which represent lines of business, The projects were originally created using TFS GIT. There is a request to switch to source control to TFVC. Nobody is using the GIT. So here are my questions:

Can I switch the source control type for each project to TFVC?

Or

Can I add TFVC to each project and “hide” Git?

Or

Can I fix this in an upgrade to TFS 2017 by building the TFS 2017 environment and them migrate the 2015 data to 2017?

Or

Is there another option?

Thanks

Pat Delaney

Monday, January 22, 2018 9:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

The discussion for TFS has moved from MSDN forum, you will get advice on Stack Overflow, and get support on TFS Support. This forum is to talk about the installation of visual studio, if you have problems about it, feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 5:58 AM