none
so extremely many updates RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to play a simple game of chess last night and the system automatically stops, installs and reboots with no questions and throws away my chess game.  And tonight, yet again more updates.

Are your software development and testing practices really that bad?  evidently so.

I am a programmer and if I required as many reboots of our VMS system at work as this sorry mess, they'd fire me.

Friday, July 11, 2008 12:05 AM

Answers

•  

Hello noybalreadyused,

These forums are for the support of Windows Genuine Advantage Validation and Activation issues. If you are having issues with Windows Update, I suggest going to the Windows Update solution center at http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab0 there is also a link (on the upper right of that page) to free Windows Update support.

In addition, you can change your Windows Update setting by going to Control Panel, click on Windows Update and then click on Change Settings.  In this window, you can change the setting from "Install update automaticly" to "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them" (this is the setting I normally use) or "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them".

Or

If you wish to keep your Windows Update setting set to "Install update automaticly", you could just change the time when updates are installed, to the time of day when you are normally not playing chess.

Hope that helps,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, July 11, 2008 5:52 PM