MSDN Sync Examples not working. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

recently I posted a thread on asking some assistance regarding Sync samples.  JuneT was kind enough to provide me with the following MSDN link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff928700(v=SQL.110).aspx

However I have been working through all of it the examples and I keep getting errors and for some reason the examples dont work, the most persistant error I am getting is :

Invalid object name 'scope_info'

Which accordinng to the following thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ar/synclab/thread/5a870144-ec72-4ecd-bd6c-3c9f9302362d

is a bug - and I cannot find any resolution to this persistant problem.

I have diligently followed the 'Mandatory Walkthrough' as depicted on the thread provided by JuneT yet I cannot get any of my test DB's to sync.

Can anyone please assist or point to other samples that work?

Kind regards

Geo

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:59 AM

Answers

• that doesnt tell much how you provisioned the scope. post the provisioning and sync codes so we can take a look.
    • Marked as answer by darthGeo Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:13 PM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:36 PM

All replies

• can you post the code snippet for the provisioning and the synchronization itself?

did you set object prefix or schema? have you checked your database if you have that table itself? is it dbo.scope_info or something else?

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:58 AM
  • Hey June

Thanks for the reply - well I have been playing around for hours now and I think some of the errors previously mentioned are resolved - as honestly I dont know what changed. Anyways the error I get now is as follows:

Thanks for the help :)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:17 PM
  • that doesnt tell much how you provisioned the scope. post the provisioning and sync codes so we can take a look.
    • Marked as answer by darthGeo Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:13 PM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:36 PM
  • Hey June

Again like i said been working and playing around. All workks fine now.

I think one problem was my test DB's where not ste to recieve remoting connections also I dont think I had the latest Microsoft Sync Framework dll's.

Anyways all works great now - thanks for the help :)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:13 PM
  • Good morning June,

I just would like to add one more question here.

How important we should set object prefix or schema? Currently I always leave them blank. Any problem with this?

Please advise!

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:15 PM
  • if you specified a schema or object prefix during provisioning, you have to make sure you set the same when you synchronize.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:45 PM
  • Thanks a lot! I appreciate your help!
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:07 PM