Made in the gloriuous Republic of Kazakstan... Printed in Taiwan... Spell-checked in Mexico & Death Valley... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello community...

I-have a minor problem or three....

Nah... The product is OK if-it works...

It's not that bad but I-do have a comment & a suggestion...

First the comment... I-defy "ANYONE' (Oooh...!) to try using the Onecare manual & following it's instructions successfully delete an unwanted Onecare backup file under an XP-Pro OS in anything under 36-years either by following the steps or pulling the drive apart with your bare teeth & chewing the unwanted magnetic charges out of existence one by one... It's impossible following the manual as the steps that it advises you take cease to have any bearing on reality halfway through the instructions...

#############################################

Yes... If you're game you-can try...

Go to start & click run & type-in "EXPLORER.EXE" & press "ENTER" if you-have no computer icon & are too slow silly or cautious not to tell your 'OS' that it can respond with one-click if-it feels cooperative today...

Yes... You can then Double-click the drive your backup-file is located on...

(If you don't trust your computer to allow risking-it the right to respond to you on one)

Yes... Then you right-click your unwanted backup-file & choose "PROPERTIES" &...

#################################################

(Round-about there all references to reality cease...)

The manual advises you to choose the "SECURITY" tab....

Look... I'm not a trouble-maker... Normally... Most-days...

If I've-had enough sleep during the previous week...

I-wonder just how-many people thought they'd lost the plot or taken one too-many 'ASPIRIN' when the "SECURITY-TAB" just up double-clicked itself off of the screen & just walked-out in disgust at the lack of communication between the electrons in the chip & those buzzing around the brain of the person who put the manual together...

#################################################

Was his name possibly "MANUEL" & did-he come over the border recently & find work as a butler massuer chauffeur & private assistant to one of the Silicon Valley survivors of the black-plague in 1998 or the Wall St crash of 2012...? 

############################################################################################

Now you're just being silly Robby...

I-still challenge "ANYONE" to get past step three & actually "DELETE A BACKUP-FILE" using the method recommended in the manual because no-such steps exist... Does anybody ever think of hiring someone with minor brain damage & seeing if all they're told to do in the step by step Microsoft manuals is even possible...?

(No hard feelings Manuel...?)

As-such doesn't seem to-be the case I'd-like to offer myself as the slightly brain-damaged simpleton without extreme or extensive computor experience who can test-run all of your instruction manuals & A/ After making sure they are indeed written in plain Engrish... Can then B/ Make sure they make sense in the Engrish she is written in & Then C/ Make sure they can-be done...

You obviously have no-one doing this worthy job at the moment...

###############################################

The suggestion I-suggest is offer an aftermarket adjustment that will-allow tweaks such-as "CHOOSING WHICH (If-any) DRIVES YOU WISH TO BACK-UP" & also give you an on-desk icon to "LOCK THE CONNECTION" & also "SCAN THE UNIT WITH FULL POWER" (Speed) if for some reason that's what you wished...

Any-other suggestions I-had (And I-do have some) you'd have to pay for...

Robby Daniel...

Monday, March 31, 2008 8:58 AM

Answers