Trouble converting emails to a case in CRM 2011 RU15 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a single user experiencing trouble converting an email to a case. He has the set regarding button however in this regarding list he only has the ability to pick an account. The selection box for changing the entity is missing and his convert to button never activates even after he tracks the message. Has anyone else come across this anomaly.

Jenn

Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:40 PM

Answers

• The resolution to this one was that the user was scrolled down a little ways. Having him scroll back up to the top we were able to find the box to change the entity.
    • Marked as answer by JenniferNHS Monday, June 16, 2014 1:15 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 1:15 PM

All replies

• I had a user experience something similar however, he was not able to set regarding to any of our custom entities. I ended up using the Configuration Wizard to disconnect Outlook with the CRM server and then re-added it. After that he was able to set regarding all entities including the custom ones. That seemed to solve his issue I haven't heard of it reverting back since. Doing that might help in your case?

Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:11 PM
  • Thanks for the quick response (again!!). Unfortunatly that was the first thing I tried as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the client. :(
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:32 PM
  • Hmm, my only other idea would be to check the user's security role permissions for lead create but I'm guessing you already looked into that too. I'm not sure though, sorry I couldn't help.
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:43 PM
  • No worries. I really appreciated you trying to help. You are correct the user has the proper security rights.
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:46 PM
  • The resolution to this one was that the user was scrolled down a little ways. Having him scroll back up to the top we were able to find the box to change the entity.
    • Marked as answer by JenniferNHS Monday, June 16, 2014 1:15 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 1:15 PM