Multiple records RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My requirement is inserting multiple records into CRM 2011 database ,through WCF service exposed by the SDK,as of now only one only one record can be inserted.

Please adivce

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

MS CRM does not provide any composite create method, you need to create these one by one only if you want to create this through sdk. what you can do if you already this data, you can create .CSV files and can import it in ms crm or can use any other data migration tool.

Mahain : My Dynamics CRM Blog
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:54 AM
  • Hello sir,

if i understand correctly you first need to convert say 5 records into CSV file and then call WCF service,what would be the method name that would take CSV file as an input parameter and insert into CRM database

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 11:01 AM
  • No,

I mean if you have already this data in term of excels fiels or in party database then you can export/convert that data in csv files and can import it using import utility in ms crm.

Mahain : My Dynamics CRM Blog
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:28 PM
  • You can do so through the CRM application. If you require to use the web services then you need to call import methods (not exactly simple), see more details an samples here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328321.aspx

Why can you not insert one record at a time? (loop through the list and insert one by one), it is probably much simpler, an in any case, that is what import from CSV file does, you cannot create multiple records in the same transaction in CRM

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:29 PM