How to change Notes Tab display format in mscrm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi  All,

I have one req, that I need to change the dispaly of Note tab in a record ie,

This is the screen.. In this example below the client wants test data to appear in bold and in 1 st row with a larger font size.The second line should only have note created on ---by First Name Last name in grey font and no other data.

How do I acheive this in MS CRM 2011.... 

Krishn Prasad Shetty

• Edited by Shetty KP Tuesday, January 3, 2012 5:07 AM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 4:51 AM

Answers

• There are a few ways you could approach this:

1. Ugly JavaScript to hack the existing Notes control in an unsupported fashion; not recommended
    2. You could replace the Notes area with a custom interface of your choosing (Silverlight, HTML5, etc); tedious, but absolute control over appearance

If you choose the former, I recommend using the Developer Tools in Internet Explorer to dissect the HTML and DOM to find the way to hook into the page the way you need to.  If you choose the later, as I hope, Silverlight can make for a very rapid development environment and give you .Net library access to SDK methods and classes.

Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 6:22 AM

All replies

• There are a few ways you could approach this:

1. Ugly JavaScript to hack the existing Notes control in an unsupported fashion; not recommended
    2. You could replace the Notes area with a custom interface of your choosing (Silverlight, HTML5, etc); tedious, but absolute control over appearance

If you choose the former, I recommend using the Developer Tools in Internet Explorer to dissect the HTML and DOM to find the way to hook into the page the way you need to.  If you choose the later, as I hope, Silverlight can make for a very rapid development environment and give you .Net library access to SDK methods and classes.

Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 6:22 AM
  • Thanks for your reply...

Is there any step by step process to do this...or any link

Krishn Prasad Shetty
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 9:24 AM