My Site is not being Indexed - What did I do wrong? RRS feed

• Question

• It seems like a common problem with MSN Live based on the discussion threads; however, I would really like for my site to be indexed by MSN Live.  Here's everything that I've done so far:

1.  Signed up for WebMaster Tools at MSN Live.
    2.  Verified my sitemap which can be viewed at www.lendingrisk.com/sitemap.xml
    3.  Verified that my robots.txt is formed correctly.
    4.  I haven't set any bot traps.
    5.  Verified that I'm not blocked on the WebMaster Tools page.

Can anyone suggest something to help me get indexed?

Thanks.
    Saturday, April 25, 2009 5:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I show that we have your homepage indexed. Our indexing is based in part by site rank. As much as we would like to, we are unable to index every page of every site on the web. If you increase your rank (both on-page and off-page factors), you will find that we will crawl your site more often and index more pages.

Brett
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Monday, April 27, 2009 7:41 PM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 7:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I show that we have your homepage indexed. Our indexing is based in part by site rank. As much as we would like to, we are unable to index every page of every site on the web. If you increase your rank (both on-page and off-page factors), you will find that we will crawl your site more often and index more pages.

Brett
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Monday, April 27, 2009 7:41 PM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 7:41 PM
  • Hi Brett,

you write : If you increase your rank (both on-page and off-page factors), you will find that we will crawl your site more often and index more pages.

hehe... I can not agree with that, becuase Live isn't do this :-) Why?

Please view and visit the results of http://www.presse-kostenlos.de (or via HTTP 301 http://www.press-free.com). This website is over ~1.5 years online. All this sites are added by the Google-News, new webpages come and old webpages goes every day. At time by Google and Yahoo ~4000 +/- webpages. Only Live.com have with this content a problem, I don't know why :-) realy. I have seen the MSN Bot at Feb 2008 last year, since not more :-)

MSN is for me not the relevant "search-engine", because and please excuse me this, I think you have with your search-engine a lot of problems and also a lot of bugs. See my first post: Index of webpages with "robots directive => noindex".

Please excuse me my not perfect English, too. I am from Germany but I think the reader will understand what I would like to say.

Regards

P.S: I have added now the sitemaps, I hope it will help you.
    • Edited by Dudelhuhn Wednesday, April 29, 2009 1:08 AM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:47 AM
  • Hi Brett,

When I log into Webmaster Tools and view the Summary Tab the statistical data on this page indicates that Live Search is not crawling my site.  For example, Last crawled: N/A, Indexed pages: N/A and the Top 5 pages section doesn't show any data.

Is this typical? 

In the meantime ..... I'll try to increase my site rank so that Live will index more of my pages.   It is a shame that MSN Live is missing out though.  It's good content if your are interested in mortgage industry secondary market seller risk management. I know, it's a niche .... :)

Thanks again.

Tom
    Monday, May 4, 2009 1:32 AM