Import UR3 organization into UR12 server? RRS feed

• Question

• Can I import an organization that is currently on UR3 into a new server that is on UR12, or do I first need to upgrade to UR6 since it is a prereq for UR12? I'm not able to upgrade the current server so if I can't import directly from 3 to 12 I'll need to use another environment first that is on UR6? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sunday, February 17, 2013 6:46 PM

Answers

• You should be OK - I believe the only time you would run into a problem is if you were trying to import an organization with a higher version into an existing environment with a lower version. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:13 PM
  • Hi,

I think it wont be a problem untill an unless you are importing an organization from higher version to lower version.

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Thanks and Regards, Yogesh Vijay Mulay

• Marked as answer by kreed_i_am Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:48 PM
    Monday, February 18, 2013 3:09 AM
  • Since I received conflicting answers, I did what I should have done from the beginning and ran through this in a test environment with the sample data. I was able to import my UR3 organization into another server on UR12.

During the import process, I was warned that my database was an older version and would be upgraded.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:48 PM

All replies

• You should be OK - I believe the only time you would run into a problem is if you were trying to import an organization with a higher version into an existing environment with a lower version. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:13 PM
  • For your case it is required to upgrade the organization to Roll up 6 first. After that you should be able to upgrade to Roll up 12. This is a pre-requisite for Roll up 12. 

Hope this helps.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Minal Dahiya
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:16 PM
  • Hi,

I think it wont be a problem untill an unless you are importing an organization from higher version to lower version.

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Thanks and Regards, Yogesh Vijay Mulay

Monday, February 18, 2013 3:09 AM
  • Since I received conflicting answers, I did what I should have done from the beginning and ran through this in a test environment with the sample data. I was able to import my UR3 organization into another server on UR12.

During the import process, I was warned that my database was an older version and would be upgraded.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:48 PM