PP1: Cannot open backups - stops at 79% RRS feed

• Question

• After installing PP1, I am trying to open some backups and they do not open: they stop at 79%. No error message.

Monday, June 16, 2008 10:29 PM

All replies

• Need more info:

PP1 update or clean install?

Did the backups every open before?

How are you trying to open the backups - what OS is running on the Home PC?

How much data is in the backup that you are trying to open?

Monday, June 16, 2008 10:32 PM
  • I had this problem but only once, after I rebooted the client PC the backup faux drive mounted ok.  It might be a bug but I can't get it to do it again.
    Monday, June 16, 2008 11:03 PM
  •  Alan A. Guggenheim wrote:

After installing PP1, I am trying to open some backups and they do not open: they stop at 79%. No error message.

I got this too, it was after installing the connector software and before a reboot of my client pc. the problem went away after the reboot.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:46 AM
  • PP1 update

Did not try to open backups recently, so cannot be sure

Both Vista and XP PCs, trying both way to open backup details

The total backup for each systems (tried two of them) is between 30 and 70 GB, but I am just trying to restore three small files.

Thanks

ps: I rebooted the PC, but it did not fix the problem.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:50 PM
  • Hi, this might sound silly, but are you waiting long enough?  Quite a while back I had issues opening backups where it stopped around 80%.  Turns out that I just wasn't waiting long enough.  After 5 min or so (can't remember exactly) it would complete and show my files.  I haven't had any issues lately, though.  So maybe try letting it sit at 79% and see if it ever completes.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:33 PM
  • @Alan - please try to repro it (and be patient) - If it Repros - Please file a bug report with the CAB files from your home PC and your home server.

Instructions for filing a bug --> http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3483872&SiteID=50

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:03 AM
  • This happened only once to my Vista Home Premium 64-bit machine on the first backup. After rebooting that computer, it opened up fine. Cannot get it to reproduce on my other 4 systems at home either.
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:00 PM
  • @ alan - did you file a bug?  what is the bug number?

Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:05 PM