Severe memory leak in WM6 (CE OS 5.2.1622) Notes application RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have identified a definite memory leak in the WM6 Notes application that in a severe case can leave the machine with <1Mb free program memory available with nothing running. Is there any way to report it?
    Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:19 PM

All replies

•  

By posting it here in the Suggestion Box, I expect that the Windows Mobile Team will see it.  They asked for this segment in the forums and I know they read it.
    Friday, May 30, 2008 3:49 AM
  • Can you explain how to reproduce it? I will report it for you to the development team.

Jaap

Friday, May 30, 2008 9:53 AM
  • Try this to repro it: Go into Notes and make one or more voice recordings such that the total note space nearly fills program memory (or probably over 1/2). Then close that note and reopen it. I had the problem when I went to play back a recording, but missed the icon and put a little digital ink on the note. When I tried again to play back the voice recording, Note said that it did not recognize the format. Then I closed the Note and tried opening it again, but it would not open. I checked the memory, and nearly all the program memory was in use, so I stopped everything, but that did not make a difference. There was still no memory left. I had to reboot the PPC to get the program memory back. When I reopened the Note only, the issue repeated itself. This time I could play back the voice recording, but shutting down Note again did not release the memory. I am going to try it again from scratch (entirely new Note with voice recording(s)) so that I can verify a repro procedure, but that should be enough to give you an idea.

Monday, June 2, 2008 10:40 PM
  • I have one question, have you tried saving to storage rather than main memory? 

When I make a recording it generally stops recording when it reaches a total size of 4 MB.  Does yours keep recording?

The recording function is supposed to be for quick notes IMHO not long lectures.  To much memory is required.

Monday, June 2, 2008 11:33 PM