OneCare Server keeps resetting not allowing download RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to restore a computer I backed up with one care.

However everytime I try to download either Onecare or the OneCare restore the microsoft server keeps resetting so I can't download!

Is there a way to request a CD or is there an FTP site in order to get this downloaded?

I need to access my computer files and can't becuase I can download onecare!

Very frustrated as there is no support ofr this type of problem.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 9:54 PM

Answers

• I'd suggest trying again later, since I just successfully downloaded this 81.6MB file in under a couple minutes on a 6Mbps link in the US with no slowing or reset.  It may simply have been a temporary problem with either a server or any network between you and that server.

It's also possible you are being sent to a server that is no longer in service, since OneCare is no longer supported in most of the world, so if you continue to have problems please indicate at least the country and language ( though I'd guess English) where you are attempting access from.

Rob

Monday, January 24, 2011 7:27 AM

All replies

• I'd suggest trying again later, since I just successfully downloaded this 81.6MB file in under a couple minutes on a 6Mbps link in the US with no slowing or reset.  It may simply have been a temporary problem with either a server or any network between you and that server.

It's also possible you are being sent to a server that is no longer in service, since OneCare is no longer supported in most of the world, so if you continue to have problems please indicate at least the country and language ( though I'd guess English) where you are attempting access from.

Rob

Monday, January 24, 2011 7:27 AM
  • It is also possible that your security settings for whatever firewall you are using since OneCare was removed is blocking your connection or affecting it.

Finally, you can access the backups using WinZip or similar 3rd party unzipping program to open and extract needed files. yes, this can be painful to sift through the various zip files and files that span multiple zips need to be rejoined -  http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/, but it is an alternative.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, January 24, 2011 12:13 PM