password query RRS feed

• Question

• ive forgot my admin password and aquired ophcrack to sort problem but heres the thing...when i go into the bios to change the boot order it asks me for the admin password to change it????? does anyone know how to correct this problem???
    Monday, June 27, 2011 12:09 AM

Answers

• "ghostface2007" wrote in message news:1ae7c059-b910-4c56-a623-00862eccb6cb...
    ive forgot my admin password and aquired ophcrack to sort problem but heres the thing...when i go into the bios to change the boot order it asks me for the admin password to change it????? does anyone know how to correct this problem???

This is a BIOS password - and the only way around it is to reset the BIOS, which means dismantling the machine at least part-way.
    Unless you are confident furtling around inside PC's I suggest that you take it to a shop to sort out.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, June 27, 2011 6:54 AM
  • Monday, June 27, 2011 7:19 AM
  • Note: Noel's Post answers your issue with the Bios Password and Carey's post answers your issue regarding the Windows Admin password.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:00 PM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:00 PM

All replies

• "ghostface2007" wrote in message news:1ae7c059-b910-4c56-a623-00862eccb6cb...
    ive forgot my admin password and aquired ophcrack to sort problem but heres the thing...when i go into the bios to change the boot order it asks me for the admin password to change it????? does anyone know how to correct this problem???

This is a BIOS password - and the only way around it is to reset the BIOS, which means dismantling the machine at least part-way.
    Unless you are confident furtling around inside PC's I suggest that you take it to a shop to sort out.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, June 27, 2011 6:54 AM
  • Monday, June 27, 2011 7:19 AM
  • Note: Noel's Post answers your issue with the Bios Password and Carey's post answers your issue regarding the Windows Admin password.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:00 PM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:00 PM