Is Microsoft Sync Framework 2.1 support this scenario? RRS feed

• Question

• 0 down vote favorite

Is Microsoft Sync Framework 2.1 support this scenario?

I use ASP.NET 3.5 and Sql Server 2008.

My scenario is that I want to sync data between two tables of Sql Server 2008 databases in two remote distributed places.

1) I totally own the two database server with remote desktop rights.

2) The database A has a table CustomerA with the column A_Id, A_UserId, A_Mobile, and database B has a table CustomerB with the column B_Id, B_UserId, B_Mobile.

I want to sync the data from CustomerA to CustomerB with the columns A_UserId -> B_UserId and A_Mobile -> B_Mobile.

3) I want to encrypt the data in C# from A_Mobile and store it in B_Mobile.

Friday, September 17, 2010 7:38 AM

All replies

• if you use the offline provider, i think there is a SyncColumnMapping that allows you to map different column names.

Or if you use SQLSyncProvider, you might get away by changing the selectchanges sp to alias the columns and the update the insert/update/delete sps/triggers as well. (havent tried it though)

Friday, September 17, 2010 8:16 AM
  • Is it possible to handler the data value of A_Mobile column in C# and store it in B_Mobile.

Just like (C# code):

B.B_Mobile = DoSomeThing(A.A_Mobile);

DoSomeThing(string source) is a C# method.

Friday, September 17, 2010 10:00 AM
  • not sure about your question, but if you want to manipulate or perform some other stuff on the data before applying it to the destination, you can subscribe to the ChangesSelected event and look at the changes selected.

Friday, September 17, 2010 2:25 PM