locked
No administration console after clean install RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi there,

    I just installed standard OCS 2007 R2 on a freshly installed Server 2008 enterprise 64x server. All went well, but now I cannot find the client to configure the server. services are running but the Administrator console for ocs 2007 r2 is not to be found anywhere. Anybody else has this problem?

    Also the "office communications server Monitoring Agent" service is not running. Is this by design?

    Thanks once again guys..





    Thursday, February 5, 2009 4:34 PM

Answers

  • For the admin tools you have to install them from amd64/Setup/admintools.msi.  I don't konw why they chose not to include these in the regular installation like R1.  Check this for a common and related question on the Edge server tools.

    http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike/archive/2009/02/05/ocs-2007-r2-edge-management.aspx

    I noticed in a deployment last week that after installed Standard Edition there were errors about the Monitoring Agent, which I didn't install.  To fix the problem I went ahead and installed it since we were deploying voice anyway.  I haven't had a chance to investigate further, but it seems to be a consistent issue.  It's also possible that this is documented somewhere and I simply haven't read it.  :)
    Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    • Marked as answer by R Stevens Thursday, February 5, 2009 5:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by R Stevens Thursday, February 5, 2009 5:59 PM
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 5:23 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • For the admin tools you have to install them from amd64/Setup/admintools.msi.  I don't konw why they chose not to include these in the regular installation like R1.  Check this for a common and related question on the Edge server tools.

    http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike/archive/2009/02/05/ocs-2007-r2-edge-management.aspx

    I noticed in a deployment last week that after installed Standard Edition there were errors about the Monitoring Agent, which I didn't install.  To fix the problem I went ahead and installed it since we were deploying voice anyway.  I haven't had a chance to investigate further, but it seems to be a consistent issue.  It's also possible that this is documented somewhere and I simply haven't read it.  :)
    Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    • Marked as answer by R Stevens Thursday, February 5, 2009 5:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by R Stevens Thursday, February 5, 2009 5:59 PM
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 5:23 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks once again Mike! Great to have MVP's like you around :)
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 6:00 PM