none
Is there a work around to allow the creation of .sbd on a windows 8.1 machine with VS 2010 with SQL2008 R2 SP3 or Express

Question

• I am receiving this meassage when i try to create an .sdb:

Failed to generate a user instance of SQLserver due to a failure in starting process for the user instance. the conection will be closed.

I am running visual studio 2010 express and SQL server 2008 R2 SP3 on a Windows 8.1 operating system. Can anyone help me with this?

• Moved by Tina-Shi Monday, April 20, 2015 7:43 AM the issue is not related to the vs general
    Sunday, April 12, 2015 12:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi James,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Based on your issue, could you please tell me how you create the .sdb file? If possible, I suggest you could try to share me more detailed steps so that we will further help you support this issue.

What .sdb file you want to create?

In addition, as you said the error message, I did some research about it. So I suggest you could try to the Mike suggestion to check this issue again.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/219f42cf-5c99-4a72-9acb-249210c835e2/failed-to-generate-a-user-instance-of-sql-server-due-to-a-failure-in-starting-the-process-for-the

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 13, 2015 7:10 AM
  • Hi James,

Since this forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Docuemntation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, so it seems that it is not the correct forum for this issue.

Therefore,  I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("where is the forum for....?"), the owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 20, 2015 7:42 AM
  • Maybe these help.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7375857/failed-to-generate-a-user-instance-of-sql-server-due-to-a-failure-in-starting-th

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 1:19 AM