Delpoy Issues... RRS feed

• Question

• Ive searched a few times, but nothing quite like my error comes up..

I've prepped AD and now on the 2nd step,

I get through the installer ie: where the DB files sit, then configure the service accounts, the first service account creates successfully, however the 2nd one is not automatically created, thus fails,  I guess i could manually create the account, but what groups does this account need to be a member of? - RTCComponentService (is the missing one)

This event is created just after the installer reports that the setup has failed..

Event Type:    Warning
    Event Source:    OCS Setup
    Event Category:    (1007)
    Event ID:    30502
    Date:        8/11/2008
    Time:        9:33:37 AM
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    <SERVER>
    Description:
    Failed to activate Office Communications Server Standard Edition Server on machine <SERVER>
    Error: 80070534
    Description: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.
    Monday, August 11, 2008 2:48 PM

All replies

• If I recall, I manually created the account and the setup put it in its respective groups for me.  Just to be sure, after it runs through, check to be sure its a member of Domain Users and RTCComponentUniversalServices group.  Hope this helps.

Monday, August 11, 2008 8:12 PM
  •  Craig9876 wrote:

If I recall, I manually created the account and the setup put it in its respective groups for me.  Just to be sure, after it runs through, check to be sure its a member of Domain Users and RTCComponentUniversalServices group.  Hope this helps.

thanks,

but .. i JUST resolved this, the resolution was to simply uninstall all of the OCS components and reinstall.. then BAM it worked...
    Monday, August 11, 2008 8:15 PM