locked
2011 Outlook client authentication issue RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    We've got a brand new install of 2011 which we want to use in IFD mode. It's working fine from the web using its URL. It prompts for username/password which is correct.

    However, we have an issue when trying to connect to it via the outlook client. It says "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server"

    I checked the event logs on the CRM server and can see the issue below, it seems it is trying to use integrated (on-premise) authentication which won't work. I need to specify a username/password somehow but the connection dialog in outlook doesn't seem to allow this.

    Thanks

    An account failed to log on.

    Subject:
        Security ID:        NULL SID
        Account Name:        -
        Account Domain:        -
        Logon ID:        0x0

    Logon Type:            3

    Account For Which Logon Failed:
        Security ID:        NULL SID
        Account Name:        Mark
        Account Domain:        LAPTOP2

    Failure Information:
        Failure Reason:        Unknown user name or bad password.
        Status:            0xc000006d
        Sub Status:        0xc0000064

    Process Information:
        Caller Process ID:    0x0
        Caller Process Name:    -


    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 9:52 PM

All replies

  • Can anyone help on this?

    The account name/account domain shown above are local to the machine. I need to specify the domain/username/password somehow for outlook to connect with.

    Thanks

    Monday, July 18, 2011 8:45 AM
  • Hi,

    I have been working on this issue from last 2 months, still didn't find any solution for this.

    I will let you know when it got resolved.

    Anyone here who can help in resolving this issue???

     

    Regards,


    Khaja Mohiddin|||||http://www.dynamicsexchange.com/
    Monday, July 18, 2011 1:12 PM
  • Hi,

    Finally the issue got resolved.

    There were duplicate SPN records in ActiveDirectory causing this problem.

    I have deleted all the duplicate and unnecessary SPN records, now i can able to configure Outlook client using IFD url with no issues.

     

    Regards,


    Khaja Mohiddin|||||http://www.dynamicsexchange.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Khaja Mohiddin Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:57 AM
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:57 AM
  • Khaja,  I am having this same issue but no duplicate SPN found......

    Do you have any other ideas?  This is the exact problem we are having also.

    TIA

     

    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:24 PM
  • More....

    My Account Failed Log On

    Log Name:      Security
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing
    Date:          11/2/2011 3:02:52 PM
    Event ID:      4625
    Task Category: Logon
    Level:         Information
    Keywords:      Audit Failure
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      Chaos.Ztech.local
    Description:
    An account failed to log on.

    Subject:
     Security ID:  NULL SID
     Account Name:  -
     Account Domain:  -
     Logon ID:  0x0

    Logon Type:   3

    Account For Which Logon Failed:
     Security ID:  NULL SID
     Account Name:  moakley
     Account Domain:  T3500

    Failure Information:
     Failure Reason:  Unknown user name or bad password.
     Status:   0xc000006d
     Sub Status:  0xc0000064

    Process Information:
     Caller Process ID: 0x0
     Caller Process Name: -

    Network Information:
     Workstation Name: T3500
     Source Network Address: -
     Source Port:  -

    Detailed Authentication Information:
     Logon Process:  NtLmSsp
     Authentication Package: NTLM
     Transited Services: -
     Package Name (NTLM only): -
     Key Length:  0

     

    This even is created every time I "Test Connection" to CRM from Outlook.

     

    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:06 PM