Sync Session timeout with ReliableSession RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I use reliablesession to sync over wcf when i do upload sync it times out after 5 minutes.  I tried changing all the timeout property (sendTimeout, receiveTimeout,closeTimeout,openTimeout and inactiveTimeout) to maxvalue but has no reflection on changing those properties.  I know it is WCF session issue do you have any solution to this issue.

Thanks.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 4:47 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:04 PM

All replies

•  

Its quite hard to deduce what might be wrong here without debugging the service and proxy. Enable WCF tracing to see why reliablemessaging is causing your calls to timeout. Look for retries of packets or error messages
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 11:06 PM
  • This is the error.

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The maximum retry count has been exceeded with no response from the remote endpoint. The reliable session was faulted. This is often an indication that the remote endpoint is no longer available.

Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ReliableRequestSessionChannel.SyncRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

After reading the following article it seems WCF team confirms this is a bug.

http://blogs.conchango.com/pauloreichert/archive/2007/12/14/6081.aspx#9331

Thanks.

Friday, September 26, 2008 1:24 AM