Trouble Moving Server Folders RRS feed

• Question

• So, just added another disk into my Vail box and began preparing to move a couple Server Folders over to the new drive. I was able to move one, somewhat smaller folder over to the new drive without any problems (34.8GB) , however I have a slightly larger folder that seems to refuse to want to move (372GB). The Move a Folder wizard just hangs on the Moving the Folder screen statingStopping sharing for the folder at the original location... (0%) and had been there for some 8 hours before I clicked Cancel. Now for the past 12 hours the Status of the Music Server Folder has been Canceling the folder move....  Hoping someone can help me out as I'm completely stumped. The Event Viewer isn't showing anything odd and the share itself is still completely readable with no data loss, yet.

My system specs are:

Athlon 3600+ X2

Kingston 4GB DDR2

System (C: and D:) - 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7000.12

Data1 (E:) - 2TB Western Digital WD2002FYPS

Data2 (F:) - 2TB Western Digital WD2002FYPS

Add-Ins: 

Advanced Admin Console 2011 RC

AWIECO DriveInfo

AWIECO Remote Launcher

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:01 AM

Answers

• Have you tried disabling all your add-ins and trying the move?
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Marked as answer by MorbidDK1 Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:16 PM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:00 PM

All replies

• Reboot your server and try again. If that doesn't work, run chkdsk /r on the disk that folder is currently on.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:27 AM
  • I have rebooted the server many times, no go.

Just completed a chkdsk /r on the affected drive (E:), still Cancelling the folder move...

I'm very tempted to just manually move the data off the drive, format it and re-add it, but I was hoping to find a fix for this issue rather than resorting to something drastic like that.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:56 PM
  • Have you tried disabling all your add-ins and trying the move?
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Marked as answer by MorbidDK1 Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:16 PM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:00 PM
  • I'm not sure if it was one of the add-ins or that the Subsonic service refused to fully stop. FINALLY the Cancelling cleared and I started the move again and it is actually progressing. Thanks for the help guys.
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:16 PM