Default call routing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to figure out a way for OCS to send all calls going to either unknow number or unknown sip uri to an alternate number.  Similar to a default gateway for the networking world.  Else the number gets rejected and it might just be simple case of mis-dialed number, or the person who had the number is no longer active in the system.  Thanks.

-Andrew

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Andrew,

I contacted the most knowledgabe guy I knew at MS about your scenario and this was his reply:

"For phone numbers dialed by UC enabled users, you could configure a route to a particular gateway.  It would be up to that gateway to do something meaningful with the number.

For SIP URI’s and calls by non-UC users, you might be able to create a static route to do the trick."

So it looks like there could be a way to do something like you want, but nothing that is a standard or even an advanced setup.

Also, with a normal phone system a mis-dialed call is a mis-dialed call and is rejected. I will include this suggestion in the product feedback and see if it is something that can be worked on for future releases.

Friday, July 13, 2007 9:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have been trying to find more resources on this subject, but have not found any yet.  Can you give an update on your status? Have you done any testing?

Monday, July 9, 2007 11:01 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

I contacted the most knowledgabe guy I knew at MS about your scenario and this was his reply:

"For phone numbers dialed by UC enabled users, you could configure a route to a particular gateway.  It would be up to that gateway to do something meaningful with the number.

For SIP URI’s and calls by non-UC users, you might be able to create a static route to do the trick."

So it looks like there could be a way to do something like you want, but nothing that is a standard or even an advanced setup.

Also, with a normal phone system a mis-dialed call is a mis-dialed call and is rejected. I will include this suggestion in the product feedback and see if it is something that can be worked on for future releases.

Friday, July 13, 2007 9:08 PM