none
Suggest new events RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

Suggest new events that can be added to the Student Rockstar ... We can then mail the suggested list to the administrators...

Friday, May 11, 2007 4:12 PM

Answers

• The quiz can be conducted twice in a month or once in every week.. This is one of my suggestions...
    Friday, May 11, 2007 4:13 PM
  • How about having a multiple-cjoice quiz ??
    Saturday, May 12, 2007 4:07 PM
  • how about having a forum that updates on time and rightly?

how about having a forum that is bug free?

these two would help a lot for the time being, if you can successfully convey it to the admins

Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:20 PM
  • Dear Friend,

Greetings, in my angle I would like to suggest that the rounds are ok. But more points for the forum activites and the articles.

regards,

Monday, May 14, 2007 8:47 AM
  • right dear
    Monday, May 14, 2007 11:02 AM
  • I have a suggestion for a new event. The admins can give a lost of Microsoft products along with a questionaire for each product. The students should try out the softwares, learn the basics and answer the questions. This way we will be familiar with more MS softwares and will also increase our technical competency. What say?
    Monday, May 14, 2007 4:23 PM
  •  Adnan_Hussain_b89496 wrote:
    I have a suggestion for a new event. The admins can give a lost of Microsoft products along with a questionaire for each product. The students should try out the softwares, learn the basics and answer the questions. This way we will be familiar with more MS softwares and will also increase our technical competency. What say?

yes that would be cool adnan, i agree with you, also they can have prizes and competitions based on the questionare and various rounds

Monday, May 14, 2007 8:13 PM
  • how about having "THE DUMP" subsection for samvaad forums, under this dump category, users can post all the threads which should not be countd as discussions/towards the counter

The Dump
    Place for nonsensical posts and anything that doesn't belong in the *Posts in this forum do not count toward your total count of posts.*

that way, moderators can know, who is posting negatively and who isnt...

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:29 AM
  • You guys are expecting new events ?

I think the admins have removed the event called "REDEMPTION OF GIFTS AGAINST POINTS"

The competition  is about to end, and no such feature yet. I think even if the admins put tis feature it will be after 15th of June, when the poitns will cease .
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:14 AM
  • right hashil
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:20 AM
  • We all know its too late to suggest new events for the contest Harshil. But we are suggesting for the next competition by MS.  What do you suggest?
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 2:06 PM
    We all know its too late to suggest new events for the contest Harshil. But we are suggesting for the next competition by MS.  What do you suggest?

good suggestion... let us hope that they will take up our suggestions atleast for the next competition...

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 2:11 PM
  • I think its early, to comment on the features for the next contest. But good idea in starting it now, cause as and when we feel that we require such a feature we can try requesting it here. The admins can then read this thread when they get time, and make out the feasibility test for those features that we request.

I think there should be redemption of gifts from the points that we got. Because many people in this contest who have not crossed the 10K boundary, even though they are in top 50, will get nothing. So if this feature is there, then their efforts will not go in vain.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 3:33 PM
  • I like the point redemption idea. Nice!!!
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:03 PM
  • Well, I say that we can have a online Web based chat room, where we can discuss out topics, we can even have GD's their and one of the microsoft personel can be their to monitor out movements and participation... so its a kind of webcasts, but topics are defined by US...
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:50 PM
  • Good idea Varun. I also feel that such a feature should be present. It would be really a good to exchange ideas online on OUR topics Smile Also it would be live, so no wait for the forums replies Smile
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 6:03 PM
  • Nice idea Varun. Speaking of webcasts, any idea which software to use which allows us to record webcasts with mouse movements and clicks???
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 11:11 AM
  • Cant we use LiveMeeting software for the webcasts???
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 4:50 PM
  • I think that is exactly what we are using currently.. if you are running the webcasts locally, then they use wb meetings...
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 5:34 PM
  • To view the webcasts you need to compulsorily download and use Windows Live Meeting. there is no other alternative.
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:44 PM
  • Also the webcasts wont launch from firefox, so i think it will not work for linux users also. Not sure though about it, but has anyone tried viewing the webcasts from linux?
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:45 PM

All replies

• The quiz can be conducted twice in a month or once in every week.. This is one of my suggestions...
    Friday, May 11, 2007 4:13 PM
  • How about having a multiple-cjoice quiz ??
    Saturday, May 12, 2007 4:07 PM
  • how about having a forum that updates on time and rightly?

how about having a forum that is bug free?

these two would help a lot for the time being, if you can successfully convey it to the admins

Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:20 PM
  • Dear Friend,

Greetings, in my angle I would like to suggest that the rounds are ok. But more points for the forum activites and the articles.

regards,

Monday, May 14, 2007 8:47 AM
  • right dear
    Monday, May 14, 2007 11:02 AM
  • I have a suggestion for a new event. The admins can give a lost of Microsoft products along with a questionaire for each product. The students should try out the softwares, learn the basics and answer the questions. This way we will be familiar with more MS softwares and will also increase our technical competency. What say?
    Monday, May 14, 2007 4:23 PM
    I have a suggestion for a new event. The admins can give a lost of Microsoft products along with a questionaire for each product. The students should try out the softwares, learn the basics and answer the questions. This way we will be familiar with more MS softwares and will also increase our technical competency. What say?

yes that would be cool adnan, i agree with you, also they can have prizes and competitions based on the questionare and various rounds

Monday, May 14, 2007 8:13 PM
  • how about having "THE DUMP" subsection for samvaad forums, under this dump category, users can post all the threads which should not be countd as discussions/towards the counter

The Dump
    Place for nonsensical posts and anything that doesn't belong in the *Posts in this forum do not count toward your total count of posts.*

that way, moderators can know, who is posting negatively and who isnt...

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:29 AM
  • You guys are expecting new events ?

I think the admins have removed the event called "REDEMPTION OF GIFTS AGAINST POINTS"

The competition  is about to end, and no such feature yet. I think even if the admins put tis feature it will be after 15th of June, when the poitns will cease .
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:14 AM
  • right hashil
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:20 AM
  • We all know its too late to suggest new events for the contest Harshil. But we are suggesting for the next competition by MS.  What do you suggest?
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 2:06 PM
    We all know its too late to suggest new events for the contest Harshil. But we are suggesting for the next competition by MS.  What do you suggest?

good suggestion... let us hope that they will take up our suggestions atleast for the next competition...

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 2:11 PM
  • I think its early, to comment on the features for the next contest. But good idea in starting it now, cause as and when we feel that we require such a feature we can try requesting it here. The admins can then read this thread when they get time, and make out the feasibility test for those features that we request.

I think there should be redemption of gifts from the points that we got. Because many people in this contest who have not crossed the 10K boundary, even though they are in top 50, will get nothing. So if this feature is there, then their efforts will not go in vain.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 3:33 PM
  • I like the point redemption idea. Nice!!!
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:03 PM
  • Well, I say that we can have a online Web based chat room, where we can discuss out topics, we can even have GD's their and one of the microsoft personel can be their to monitor out movements and participation... so its a kind of webcasts, but topics are defined by US...
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:50 PM
  • Good idea Varun. I also feel that such a feature should be present. It would be really a good to exchange ideas online on OUR topics Smile Also it would be live, so no wait for the forums replies Smile
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 6:03 PM
  • Nice idea Varun. Speaking of webcasts, any idea which software to use which allows us to record webcasts with mouse movements and clicks???
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 11:11 AM
  • Cant we use LiveMeeting software for the webcasts???
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 4:50 PM
  • I think that is exactly what we are using currently.. if you are running the webcasts locally, then they use wb meetings...
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 5:34 PM
  • To view the webcasts you need to compulsorily download and use Windows Live Meeting. there is no other alternative.
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:44 PM
  • Also the webcasts wont launch from firefox, so i think it will not work for linux users also. Not sure though about it, but has anyone tried viewing the webcasts from linux?
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:45 PM
  • i doubt and wonder if anybody would be using linux...
    Monday, May 21, 2007 12:11 PM
  • go for admin suggestion
    Monday, May 21, 2007 1:28 PM