Infinite loop detection on 8th child workflow in 2011 RRS feed

Answers

• Hello,

To resolve this problem in CRM 2011 and increase the maximum workflow depth, you need to run the following SQL statement:

update DeploymentProperties set IntColumn = X where ColumnName = 'MessageProcessorMaximumDepth' 

Where X represents the maximum depth you want to set. This is an unsupported method, but does the trick.

Cornel Croitoriu - Senior Software Developer & Entrepreneur

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

CWS SoftwareBiz-Forward.comCroitoriu.NET

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:15 PM

All replies

• Hello,

To resolve this problem in CRM 2011 and increase the maximum workflow depth, you need to run the following SQL statement:

update DeploymentProperties set IntColumn = X where ColumnName = 'MessageProcessorMaximumDepth' 

Where X represents the maximum depth you want to set. This is an unsupported method, but does the trick.

Cornel Croitoriu - Senior Software Developer & Entrepreneur

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

CWS SoftwareBiz-Forward.comCroitoriu.NET

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:15 PM
  • Do I need to reboot for this to take effect?  I set to 12 and it still fails on the 8th one.  

Also, is this something that is time-based?  Such as, 8 child workflows on an entity within 1 hour? 

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 9:22 PM
  • OK, i figured out I need to restart IIS.  This did increase the limit to 12 so the w/f could proceed successfully.

There appears to be another setting 'MessageProcessorMinimumInactiveSeconds', which is 3600 (= 60 minutes).  Could this be lowered to 'reset' the number of child w/f that could be called before the limit is hit?  

I have a sales process in place that allows the flow to 'step back' (thus the children so process can be reused) and could happen rather quickly.

Thanks.

BTW - Couldn't the error CRM provides for this be somewhat more descriptive?!?!?!?  All day, I tore my w/f apart thinking my logic was bad before I stumbled upon this child w/f limit.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:46 AM