none
alerts are out of sync. RRS feed

• Question

• not sure if this is the correct forum, but there is a problem w/the alerts from threads.

1. i get my alerts sometimes much later.

2. i get alerts from previous posts before my post in a thread.
    3. alerts are out of sync.

please look into this matters as soon as possible since getting alerts from previous posts spams my mail box and uses unnecessary web space.
    thank you.
    •.˙trujade˙.•
    Friday, October 30, 2009 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

We're getting random reports that Alerts are not being sent to certain users. If not that delay on receiving alerts. There's no clear pattern whether it's for new users and/or existing users. We're working on adding debugging information between Forums and Alerts Services (live alerts) to get further info.
    Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:07 AM
  • I'll bug these issues so we can track it.

Thanks for reporting.

Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 4:15 PM

All replies

• I have recognized the same for messenger alerts.
    The most anoying is the alerts form previous posts.
    Sometimes it takes up to one hour to get an alert.
    If you have got questions about this, just ask.
    Mark the thread as answered if the answer helps you. This helps others who have the same problem !
    C# to VB.NET: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/
    Monday, November 2, 2009 3:25 PM
  • Hi All,

We're getting random reports that Alerts are not being sent to certain users. If not that delay on receiving alerts. There's no clear pattern whether it's for new users and/or existing users. We're working on adding debugging information between Forums and Alerts Services (live alerts) to get further info.
    Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:07 AM
  • thanx don tan , but what is the deal w/getting alerts from previous posts as heslacher stated???
    is this a new enhancement? if so, do add the option in the user's settings..
     but, by default, have it set to the original setting as it was before, to not receive alerts for previous posts.
    thanx.
    •.' trujade '.•
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:18 AM
  • hmm.. just noticed my signature.. much different than on my regular forums.. shows bigger but does not show the scroll bars to the entire post. ;o'

•.' trujade '.•
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:20 AM
  • Hi Don Tan,

there is also a big difference between the activity page and the real posting by the meaning of time. For example take a look at your activity page for your post here and compare the times. It`s almost 2 hours.
    If you have got questions about this, just ask.
    Mark the thread as answered if the answer helps you. This helps others who have the same problem !
    C# to VB.NET: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 11:53 AM
  • I'll bug these issues so we can track it.

Thanks for reporting.

Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 4:15 PM
  • Hi,
    I too see there is a huge delay in update in the activities tab.
    Even after replying to a post it takes ages to update the activities page.
    Hope this helps !!
    Sudeep   |    My Blog
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 5:29 PM
  • Hi!

I have also problems with Live Alerts. I have rights settings in Live Alerts page, when i post new reply to forums, sometimes thread not will automaticly subscribed for live alerts (right settings), since the yesterday live alerts came to my email by "randomize" (some updates not, some yes), to messenger arrives alerts by two to five hours late and only from some threads (early live alerts come max two minutes later and correctly form all subscribed topics).

I hope you fix it. Thanks Don Tan for focus on this.
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 8:36 PM