request.Adult = AdultOption.Strict RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Not sure whether this is a bug or this is how it works, but i have the following below.

request.Adult = AdultOption.Strict;

request.AdultSpecified = true;

I would have thought that if someone did a search for f*****g hotels then f*****g would not be included in the search, but it appears that it is. It not that big a problem as i have code that removes all adult content words from the search phrase as the site i'm building will be family friendly, just thought i would mention it.

Also if you do a search on Live Search, the 2nd webpage returned is: F*****g Travel Guide - F*****g Vacations - VirtualTourist.com

Regards

George

Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:38 PM

Answers

• There is a very interesting and entertaining series of anecdote about this fact, actually.

In spite of how strange it may sound to English speakers, F***ng is a small town in Upper Austria. See the result on maps.live.com

The result you got seems legitimate since it points to travel in Austria.

If you just removed this word, you would remove a possible travel destination.

HTH

--Alessandro

Monday, December 15, 2008 10:05 AM

All replies

• There is a very interesting and entertaining series of anecdote about this fact, actually.

In spite of how strange it may sound to English speakers, F***ng is a small town in Upper Austria. See the result on maps.live.com

The result you got seems legitimate since it points to travel in Austria.

If you just removed this word, you would remove a possible travel destination.

HTH

--Alessandro

Monday, December 15, 2008 10:05 AM
  • Hi Alessandro

Thanks for that very strange fact  so my dilemia is, do i still block the "F" word or allow it?

I think as i'm in the UK and the site will have mostly english speaking visitors when it launches next year, i'll still block the word as the site is designed to be family friendly.

George

Monday, December 15, 2008 11:18 AM