none
Synctoy 2.1 fails to sync properly RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running synctoy 2.1 on Win7 Home Premium x64 Desktop and Win7 Professional x86 laptop.

I ran synctoy initial time & everything seemed to work fine.

Since the first run however, it doesn't recognize the files properly. When I do a preview, it will tell me there are approx 1500 files that are on the left but not on the right. The problem is that the files are on the right. If I try to run the sync, it fails to copy the files.

I have exactly the same problem doing an echo to a backup drive. I did an original echo to get all the files on the backup drive, then when I repeat the echo it tells me that there are a bunch of files not on the backup (that are there), and again if I proceed with the echo it fails. (The left is always Win7 Home Premium)

I do not trust Synctoy enough to use it because of this. Can anyone give me some sort of explanation?

Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:10 AM

All replies

• Hi coolaussieguy,

I can't post an answer but I'm just hooking in to this thread because I have a similar problem.

In my case, synctoy 2.1 only copied the folders, but all file copies fail. So my paired folder just contains a whole bunch of folders but no files.

Same configuration as you: synctoy 2.1, Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I hope there's somebody out there who can help us.

Saturday, October 2, 2010 12:04 PM
  • In my case, synctoy 2.1 only copied the folders, but all file copies fail. So my paired folder just contains a whole bunch of folders but no files.

Same configuration as you: synctoy 2.1, Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I hope there's somebody out there who can help us.

I've run into a different problem with SyncToy v2.1. The files copy to the backup drive properly but on subsequent backup attempts using the "Echo" feature, SyncToy doesn't delete files on the backup drive that have been deleted on the source drive.

So it seems SyncToy sometimes doesn't copy files to a backup drive and it can't delete files from the backup drive during an Echo.

I think that pretty much covers all the things SyncToy is supposed to do, but can't.

Saturday, October 2, 2010 7:59 PM