Corruption when saving row definition. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I just installed the Management Reporter and all went off wihtout a hitch. Now, in MR, I am trying to design a row definition, but as soon as I want to save it, I get the error - "Unable to complete the operation decause of corruption to the data" (!!!!)

What could be wrong?

Tthanks, Arnold

Monday, April 26, 2010 10:46 PM

Answers

• For anyone reading this forum, please note that you need to change the regional settings for the domain account that is being used for the running of the service and app pool in IIS. Dean from the MBS team in the US logged into our server remotely and published the following findings:

1. logged in as eclipse and then realized gpservice was running everything (MR stuff) so connected as gpservice

2. checked regional settings and they appeared fine

3. tried to access MR but couldn't as gpservice is not setup within MR

4. connected as eclipse and added gpservice as a user in MR

5. connected as gpservice, went into MR but couldn't login to a company as I didn't have a SQL user

6. created myself in SQL and gave access to MR, TWO and DYNAMICS

7. tried setting TWO as default but couldn't - guessing because of how GP encryption works and I'm not truly setup in GP

8. therefore I changed the sa password to Access!23 so you will want to change that back

9. set TWO as default and tried saving a row - got the error

10. verified the app pool and service were running as gpservice

11. checked the regional settings and noticed the Region and Language | Keyboards and Languages | Change keyboards - was set to Australia so changed that

12. restarted the service and iis (instead of rebooting the machine)

13. went back into MR and successfully saved a row

14. connected as eclipse and successfully saved a row

15. changed eclipse to have Australia settings, restarted IIS and the MR service

16. went back in MR and was able to save a row

Long story short - it looks like the workaround of having things set to US English for the user running the app pool and service does work in your environment too.

• Marked as answer by Arnold32 Monday, June 7, 2010 11:14 PM
    Monday, June 7, 2010 11:14 PM

All replies

• I have not received any update on this - can no one help?

Arnold

Thursday, May 6, 2010 5:18 AM
  • Arnold

Do you yet have a solution as I too am getting this error... Columns are ok but rows or the report wizard giv this message.

Saturday, May 15, 2010 8:46 AM
  • Hello,

Can  you provide any additional information on when this happens? Is it when you use a specific function or use a specific account or segment?

If you can provide any additional information I'd be happy to assist.

Monday, May 17, 2010 4:08 PM
  • It happens when saving any row definition. No matter if you used the function to add rows from dimensions or manually adding accounts, as soon as you try and save the row definition, you get the error.

Thanks

Arnold

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:18 AM
  • Hi Adam

No, no solution yet.... responded to question from Ryan below, and awaiting response

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:19 AM
  • Hi Arnold,

This looks to be related to an issue with regional settings. If the local regional settings are set to English-US it seems to work fine here. We are looking into other workarounds and are working with development to see what we can do as far as a fix.

My apologies as this isn't a great workound....

Thanks

Ryan

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:27 PM
  • Hi Ryan

I tried to change the regional settings, but it was actually set to US English. This installation is running on a virtual server, where SQL, MR, IIS and the MR client are all on onw mahcine.  I have now changed my regional settings to Australian English, but doubt that it will change. Is there a specific date format requested?

How can regional setting affect something like this so badly?

Arnold

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:37 PM
  • Hi Ryan,

only now I have read this blog, all the MR encountered error are likewise occuring in my environment. We all have the same issues, I hope MS can provide solutioin and publish it to knowledgebase under MR product.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 8:50 AM
  • For anyone reading this forum, please note that you need to change the regional settings for the domain account that is being used for the running of the service and app pool in IIS. Dean from the MBS team in the US logged into our server remotely and published the following findings:

1. logged in as eclipse and then realized gpservice was running everything (MR stuff) so connected as gpservice

2. checked regional settings and they appeared fine

3. tried to access MR but couldn't as gpservice is not setup within MR

4. connected as eclipse and added gpservice as a user in MR

5. connected as gpservice, went into MR but couldn't login to a company as I didn't have a SQL user

6. created myself in SQL and gave access to MR, TWO and DYNAMICS

7. tried setting TWO as default but couldn't - guessing because of how GP encryption works and I'm not truly setup in GP

8. therefore I changed the sa password to Access!23 so you will want to change that back

9. set TWO as default and tried saving a row - got the error

10. verified the app pool and service were running as gpservice

11. checked the regional settings and noticed the Region and Language | Keyboards and Languages | Change keyboards - was set to Australia so changed that

12. restarted the service and iis (instead of rebooting the machine)

13. went back into MR and successfully saved a row

14. connected as eclipse and successfully saved a row

15. changed eclipse to have Australia settings, restarted IIS and the MR service

16. went back in MR and was able to save a row

Long story short - it looks like the workaround of having things set to US English for the user running the app pool and service does work in your environment too.

• Marked as answer by Arnold32 Monday, June 7, 2010 11:14 PM
    Monday, June 7, 2010 11:14 PM