How do Allow MS CRM to have accounts with the same name as the parent account RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am working with CRM 2013 online and I would like to have the some accounts to have the same name as the parent account. That is to say for example if I have a small enterprise with no subsidiaries and my parent field is required. That I can list the parent account with the same name without it being a loop. 

Eg. account name :acme and parent account :acme

Thank you

teach a man to fish ... etcetera

Monday, January 13, 2014 12:07 PM

Answers

• Hi

Wont that be a weird scenario. Consider following:

1. A parent account A and child account B scenario : You can add A as parent customer to B. But to create a A you need another account. This will lead to sort of infinite sequence of accounts.

2. Single Account X: This is what your scenario is. Suppose you create another account Y to act as parent of X. Here also, you will need another account Z to be parent of Y. and so on ..

I would suggest that you remove mandatory / Business required criterion from Parent Account field. 

Thanks

• Marked as answer by shamstabrizi Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:46 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hi

Wont that be a weird scenario. Consider following:

1. A parent account A and child account B scenario : You can add A as parent customer to B. But to create a A you need another account. This will lead to sort of infinite sequence of accounts.

2. Single Account X: This is what your scenario is. Suppose you create another account Y to act as parent of X. Here also, you will need another account Z to be parent of Y. and so on ..

I would suggest that you remove mandatory / Business required criterion from Parent Account field. 

Thanks

• Marked as answer by shamstabrizi Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:46 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 3:19 PM
  • Thank you, that's what I ended up doing. It was good to confirm

teach a man to fish ... etcetera

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:48 PM