Windows 7 Installation ERROR 80070005 ACCESS DENIED RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I'm trying to install LiveMesh on Windows 7 x64 Pro. All the time I'm getting error 80070005 during installation and it doesn't proceed with installation and doesn't install anything and exits giving error message. I was googling that problem but didn't find straight solution. Tried UAC off, running as admin and subinacl. Nothing helped. I'm a little bit frustrated now because you would think Microsoft could at least make their own software compatible with new os. Anybody has any ideas?

Thx a lot
    Tom
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 1:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• 80070005 is a permissions error.
    What happens if you try to visit Windows Update to install any offered updates?
    What security software is running on the PC?
    You will need to install when logged in with an account with admin privileges, but I don't believe that is your current issue.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 3:33 PM
  • Hi
    Thx for reply.
    Windows Updates installs without any problems, everyday, all updates for all microsoft products.
    I've got Avira antivirus, it doesn't have firewall. I'm using built-in firewall. Defender runs on standard options. I also have installed Security Essentials but real time protection is off all the time. I'm receiving error even when Avira is off.
    I'm trying to install Mesh logged on to Administrators account (no modifications have been done to that account).
    This is clean installation of Windows (not upgrade) on formatted partition.
    It doen't work when running in Compatibility Mode.
    Error says: Installer encountered errors. Access is denied. Get more help (80070005).

I just installed it in my Virtual Machine. It is running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate RC. UAC off. Most settings are default. Installed Mesh under my account. There is no antivirus except default Defender and Security Essentials with real protection on. Firewall is on.
    • Edited by mlecyk Wednesday, December 2, 2009 4:59 PM additional info added
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 4:46 PM
  • See if anything in this article helps:
    http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/code/code_80070005.htm

I make no guarantees, never having used this (Regcure), but the comments on the article seem positive:
    http://www.errornerd.com/stoperrors.php?seed=80070005 If you choose this route, be sure to review any changes it wants to make and backup the registry before it applies the changes so you can recover if it goes awry.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    • Marked as answer by kensm [msft] Monday, January 11, 2010 2:07 AM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:51 PM