Outlook addin will not connect to CRM 2011 Online RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user who was running Outlook 2007 with the CRM addin on XP.  Everything was fine until one day she could no longer connect to the database.  When she tries to get to her contacts she gets a message that CRM is disconnected and a login box to login.  After the user logs in she gets, CRM is trying to connect and that's it - it never connects.  User has no issue logging into the web version.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled etc. and even upgraded the user from XP to Win7 64-bit (clean install) and after reloading Outlook and the addin the user is getting the same result.

Two issues I noticed.  System logs are kicking out an error in the application log with Event ID=5975.  The message is "An error occurred initializing a process that triggers Microsoft CRM actions based on Outlook events.  Some synchronization or tagging actions may not occur.  Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. HR=0x80040102. Context=. Function=CAddin::OnEnabled. Line=1079."  I have scoured the web and can find no description of 5975 and no other person quoting the EventID as an issue.

Also in Outlook Data Files Tab, if I attempt to look at the settings for the CRM organization I get an Error: 0x8004011c.

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:24 AM

Answers

• The solution was to reduce the size of the mail file.  The user was not archiving and .ost file was over 13GB.  By archiving about 6 months of email we were able to reduce the size of the mail by 4GB.  Once that happened the plugin started working again.  I think this suggests there may be an upper size limit to the Outlook Client Plugin.

• Marked as answer by GMHunty Monday, December 12, 2011 7:51 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 7:51 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

Couple of things i would try,

• Make sure, the system complies with CRM outlook client requirements such latest service pack for XP and MS Office.
    • Run the outlook client diagnostics tool and see if there is something needs attention and autofix (if any).
    • Disable any other outlook add-ins, if available in Outlook and check
    • Refer the CRM 2011 Online Go live checklist and follow the essentials.

Please keep us posted!

Cheers, Francis Edwin

My Blog: http://astutecrm.wordpress.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/astutecrm 

• Edited by Edwin2win Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:07 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:03 AM
  • Did you find a solution to this issue?
    Monday, December 5, 2011 10:18 PM
  • The solution was to reduce the size of the mail file.  The user was not archiving and .ost file was over 13GB.  By archiving about 6 months of email we were able to reduce the size of the mail by 4GB.  Once that happened the plugin started working again.  I think this suggests there may be an upper size limit to the Outlook Client Plugin.

• Marked as answer by GMHunty Monday, December 12, 2011 7:51 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 7:51 PM